Firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall

Hi all, My AS/400 is V4R4 with 2 ipcs Firewall & NT. My AS/400 users from branch offices has to connect via DSL line to my AS/400 via Internet.What are all the changes i should make in Firewall Filters.Do i have to add an entry with the specific branch office IP address in the filter rules with 5061 port address for WSG ? Or is it possible to connect via client access? Thanks in advance. Ram

Firewall

There are many options that you can choose. The easiest way is to create the filter rules that open to all the traffics or just some ports based on your remote branch static IP address (If you want to use CA, it needs more than just port 23 for Telnet). However, this does not give you much protection at all. Anyone can impersonate as your remote branch with the static IP address to access your AS/400. Moreover, the hackers can sniff the password since it is communicate without any encryption. For better protection, you should look into VPN. You can use static VPN that build in with AS/400 firewall or use the native AS/400 VPN since you are using V4R4, which support dynamic VPN with L2PT and IPSec. Last, if you don't want to use VPN solutions, you can try the SSL Telnet proxy server with CA express in conjuntion with the firewall, which provide some SSL encription.

Comment

Working...
    X