QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

I noticed the following problem. We are rolling out a security policy starting for the users to change their passwords at a frequent basis. I changed the systemvalue pwdexpitv from *nomax to 30 days. I thought that the pasword should be disaabled about 30 days. The heldesk telephone becomes very hot: the system already asked the users to change their password. Why? Regards Bob

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

Because it has been more than 30 days since they last changed their passwords.

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

The system does not track your password change date based on when you changed the system value, It tracks it from the actual date the password was last changed. Since your system value was *nomax most of the passwords more than likely never changed. Therefore they were already expired. Must have been an exciting day for your help desk.

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

Yep, nothing to add to these words. Thanks for the reply's Bob Petra

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

Yes, I ran into the same thing....except I also got all the calls too! I did feel better after a liquid lunch however.. New question: They want 60 expiration on the user ids, but on some they don't want them to expire at all. I told them that this wasn't possible...but they want me to research this anyways... Anyone want to confirm that it's an 'all or no(one)' setting? thanks, -- Gino Rodeghier

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

The expiration interval can be set in each individual user profile. The default is *SYSVAL which uses the system value but you can change it to whatever you want. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

Change the user profile to: PWDEXPITV (*NOMAX)

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

But then you don't use passwords changes at all!!

Comment

QPWDEXPITV, STRANGE

Hi Bob, Why don't you use GO SECTOOLS, you can exclude userprofiles from the 'disabled-list'. And it has many more features. Just run the ANZDFTPWD *PWDEXP frequently et voila... This was not mentioned before, am I in error here ? Do I forgotten something..? HTH, Rob.

Comment

Working...
                  X