Using Adopted Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Adopted Authority

I have an application where we store a contact narrative in a document on the AS400. I want to keep them in a secured folder that only 1 user profile has authority to access. There is a Visual Basic program that does all the processing. I have created two folders: SECURE & WORKING. WORKING is *PUBLIC. SECURE is limited to the one user. When the VB program wants to add information to a narrative, it calls an AS400 program "MOVTXTDOC". This program is owned by the user who has authority to SECURE. It also is set to use Adopted Authority. It does not work. I get the CPF8A75 - Not authorized to access folder SECURE. We are on V4R4. What am I missing? Thanks

Using Adopted Authority

Charlie, Adopted authority will not work with IFS files. If the profile you are using is part of a group profile, you may be able to accomplish something similar using primary group authority. Look at the CHGPGP and CHGDLOPGM commands. These allow you to add primary group authority to an object. You specify the gorup profile and authority for the profiles you want to have access. David Morris

Comment

Using Adopted Authority

Thank you for your response. I was able to solve my problem by using an Authorization List. Then I Added and Removed entries.

Comment

Working...
      X