Securing Libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing Libraries

What is the easiest and Best way to secure all user libraries except one for one user ID. I tried the rvkobjaut but the command does not allow global entries. I could do it with a cl, or manually, but I was hoping there was an easier way. I need restrict a user using sql to only one library. Thanks,

Securing Libraries

Dale, I would normally set up an initial library list for the user profile. Then set his/her user profile to limit capabilities *YES. If this is for a programmer type person, you will need to be a little more detailed. Hope this helps, Bret Myrick

Comment

Securing Libraries

This will be for a person accessing the data through ODBC,SQL,SQL Server etc. Their signon will be setup for an initial menu of *Signoff, It will be used only to access data. Modifying our exit program to secure requests by library is not an option at this time.

Comment

Securing Libraries

Dale, I don't know of a way to secure the libraries other than working with the LIBRARY itself. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to *exclude the user profile from the libraries. Later, Bret Myrick

Comment

Securing Libraries

Thanks for the response, I wound up printing a list of *ALLUSR libs to a file and using grtobjaut *exclude to each lib. It worked fine.....

Comment

Securing Libraries

Dale, User defined PDM options can be helpful in situations like this. David Morris

Comment

Securing Libraries

Dale, David's solution will work well, just do a wrklibpdm *allusr, use F16 to create a user defined option to execute your grtobjaut &n aut(*exclude) (syntax may not be exact). Key your option on the first record and hit F13. that will copy the option to all records. Hit enter... All your libs should be changed then.

Comment

Working...
              X