CPD2206 - private authorities not restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD2206 - private authorities not restored

While (two months ago) migrating one AS/400 system to another, a RSTAUT was performed and failed. This left several hundred profiles without private authorities. Any ideas on what the extent of the damage might be and how to correct this? Do I need to re-run the RSTAUT using the SAVSECDTA tape from 2 months past? -Chris Stafford cws@taxfin.adp.com

>While (two months ago) migrating one AS/400 system to another, a RSTAUT was performed and failed. This left several hundred profiles without private authorities.
    Any ideas on what the extent of the damage might be and how to correct this? Do I need to re-run the RSTAUT using the SAVSECDTA tape from 2 months past?<< Sadly, yes. It may initially seem odd, but private authorities to an object are stored in the user profile object, not in the object itself (did that make sense?). So If all of your authorities were lost (failed to come over to the new system), then you'll have to reload them using the best picture of SAVSECDTA that you have. One word of caustion though, if you restore a SAVSECDTA from two months ago, all of the passwords will be restored to what they were two months ago, and all of the private authorities that were added since the migration will be overlayed. Basically, you are restoring two month old user Profiles, and any change you have made tyo a user profile since the migration will be lost. HTH, sorry if it doesn't. jte MC Security Editor

Comment

I feared that this was the case. QUESTION - not all the profiles failed at the RSTAUT. Can I do a SAVSECDTA on SYS1 and then a RSTAUT on SYS2 (user by user)? Does that make sense? -Chris

Comment

Working...
      X