Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auditing the Integrated File System(IFS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auditing the Integrated File System(IFS)

I have seen in the audit log that if someone does something in the Integrated File System(IFS) that it shows as *N/*N. Is there any way to get the actual directory name and file name to be placed in the audit log? With more and more going into the IFS I think it is important that I be able to see what exactly is going on in the IFS. Thank you, Jeremy Grycza

What are you using to view the audit journal? If you are using query to hit a physical file, I believe there are fields for folders and paths. HTH Scott

Comment

I am using the TAATOOL command DSPAUDLOG. Is there an IBM supplied command that will do the same thing as DSPAUDLOG but will show IFS directory and file names? I have reports that show the libraries, but again I need to see the directory and file names of the IFS. Thanks, Jeremy Grycza

Comment

You can build your own CL programs to include any information you need from the audit journal. Refer to the Security Reference softcopy book for examples (9.2.6.2 Analyzing Audit Journal Entries with Query or a Program) of producing detailed reports with query. I have automated several of these to batch processing. If you need source examples, please let me know. Scott

Comment

Working...
        X