Changing Security from Menu Security to Resource security ....Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Security from Menu Security to Resource security ....Help

Users have access to the data by using menus. I restict the IT Staff from accessing the production objects. Objects on the System are owned by a production group profile or a test group profile. I have 1 library which contains all the production data, 1 library which contains all the production programs and numerous source libraries. All objects are owned by the production group profile. I use authority lists and give the test group profile *use access only and public *change. I have one test/development library and numerous test source libraries, all created objects are owned by the test group profile. I use an authority list and give the test group profile *all access and public *change. Any suggestion on how to easily change the security on the system? I'm looking at Adopt Authority??????

"I use authority lists and give the test group profile *use access only and public *change" Just curious, why do you give *public more authority than your developers? Your testers have *use and everyone else has *change?

Comment

claris, Why would define your users to have more authority to the system than the developers? There is nothing wrong with restricting developers from certain areas, but I would certainly never give a user *ALL/*CHANGE to test areas while my development staff had only *USE. - bret

Comment

Working...
      X