ZRCUSRSPC and authority failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZRCUSRSPC and authority failures

We are getting authority failures logged in QAUDJRN when some users try to access the user space ZRCUSRSPC in the library QTEMP. The users don't know anything about this and, as far as I can tell, it is not affecting their job. The job that causes the journal is QZRCSRVS with a user id of QUSER running in subsystem QSYSWRK. I can't find a ZRCUSRSPC object in any other library, so it looks like it is created "on the fly". Does anybody know if this is something I should be concerned about and, if so, how can I stop it happening?

ZRCUSRSPC and authority failures

My guess is that the QZRCSRVS job is some type of server job that swaps user profiles while processing requests from various users. It appears that the user space is being created for one of those users and is owned by that user. Then when a request comes in for another user they get the authority failure audit record because they are not authorized to the user space. I have no idea what function is performed by the server job or what it does when it is prevented from accessing the user space. I suggest that you contact IBM support and report the problem. They may be aware of a PTF to fix the problem. In my opinion no job should produce extraneous authority failure audit records as part of its normal operation. So even if the job appears to be producing the correct output it may have a minor design flaw. Ed Fishel

Comment

Working...
    X