Telnet and Spool Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telnet and Spool Files

Tim - Actually, your two systems are connected via TCP/IP - Telnet is a method of doing terminal emulation to a TCP/IP-enabled system. Try SNDTCPSPLF . . HTH, Steve

Telnet and Spool Files

Use SNDTCPSPLF. You may have to define the remote queue on your AS400 and also confirm that remote queue exist on the remote system.Try this out it may work. However, there is no reason that SNA should not work when Telnet is On. Check your ethernet line description whether it has been set only for TCP/IP !!! You can revoke that setting and use SNA Distribution services for transferring spools.

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Use SNDTCPSPLF. You may have to define the remote queue on your AS400 and also confirm that remote queue exist on the remote system.Try this out it may work. However, there is no reason that SNA should not work when Telnet is On. Check your ethernet line description whether it has been set only for TCP/IP !!! You can revoke that setting and use SNA Distribution services for transferring spools. Thanks Rajesh

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Tim, You could also create a remote outq on each system which points to an outq on the other system. When defining, you specify RMTSYS(*INTNETADR), CNNTYPE(*IP), AUTOSTRWTR(1), and specify the IP address of your remote system in the INTNETADR parameter. Then, any spooled file entering this outq in *RLS status will get transferred to the remote system. Bruce

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

This sounds like a great idea. I actual use remote outques for my local machines. I don't know why I didn't think of trying it for the AS/400 that is remote. PS thanks for the verbage correction too. lol Some times my fingers think faster than my mind wants them too Tim

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

I"m getting an message stating that "Remote host system rejected the open attempt" The help on this message doesn't give any help. (Imagine that!) I know that I can tellnet to this sytem and that I have remote outque available. Help? I'm sure that there is a manual that his great information on this subject. Does anyone know the name of it? Thanks

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Tim, the line printer daemon servers need to be running on the remote system. Try telnetting to the remote and then running STRTCPSVR SERVER(*LPD). For documentation try chapter 13 of TCP/IP Configuration and Reference SC41-5420-02. Again, that's the V4R3 manual - I haven't checked other releases. Dave...

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Tim, I think the LPD Server needs to be running on each AS/400 in order for the connection to work. Command is STRTCPSVR SERVER(*LPD) Good Luck! Jeff

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

After starting *LPD on both systems it did work when I used the command, "SNDTCPSPLF" That's the good news. However, If I go WRKSPLF and take option 1 (Which shows up as SNDNETSPLF) it doesn't work. I'm assuming that this is because the SNDNETSPLF needs to have SNA configured. I have SNA configured but it states that you have to have a "For SNADS to operate properly, it requires the following on the OS/400 system: Comminications line, controller, and device descriptions configured for APPC or APPN support. I don't have a line,device, or controller because I'm using telent. I'm confused! Isn't it proof that my SNA is correct if I can telnet to the other sight? Why can't I use SNDNETSPLF then? thanks

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Telnet uses TCP/IP to communicate between your systems NOT SNA.

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Then you will have to set up an *ANYNET connection on both As400s. this will allow SNA to be encapsulated into TCP/IP packets between the machines. It allows SNA passthrough, SNDNETSPLF and DDM to work. If this is a must for you I can give you the configuration details. As for myself, I am trying to stay with the native TCP/IP commands.

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Configuration examples are in the Redbook "AS400 AnyNet Scenarios" GG24-2531 ... quite easy to set up and works very well for running SNADS across a TCP/IP connection...

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

if you don't want a permanent remote output queue keeping the connection between the systems active then you could make use of an API in a monitor program. This would monitor the print queue and send the spool file to the other AS400 when a spool file is put in to the queue, this is handy for dial up connections when it's expensive to keep the line up all the time see attached pgm code

CL Pgm to monitor queue and send spool file.txt

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Thanks for the program. I'm going to give that a shoot latter this week. Ops, its already later this week. lol I guess I'll try it today. Thanks again. Tim

Comment

Telnet and Spool Files

Currently I have two as400 connected via telnet. I would like to be able to send spools files back and forth. SNA doesn't work because of the Telnet so I can't use the SNDSPLF command like we used to do. Any happy solutions? Thanks Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X