Locked out by a routing entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out by a routing entry

Hmm, I assume you can't sign on as another profile and fix the problem? Do you have a program specified in the "Initial Program" parameter of your profile? If so, I wonder if entering "*NONE" as the program to run on the signon screen would get around it? Bill > I inadvertently deleted the routing entry program and then signed-off (actually the session ab-ended as it often does). Well I couldn't sign back on because the routing entry program doesn't exist. > > Is there any way to get a valid sign-on, by using Dedicated Service Tools for example, whereupon I can fix (once and for all) this condition.

Trevor, If your AS/400 is networked, you could try issuing a STRSBS QINTER command remotely using client access or FTP. There is no reason that QINTER could not coexist with QBASE while you fix the problem. Hopefully QINTER would have a generic routing entry and would allocate your session when you brought it up.

Comment

Andy: No, I regret, the AS/400 is not networked. That certainly would have given me an option to use DDM et al to get in a create a dummy program to get through the routing entry. Unfortunately, QBASE has QINTER as a job-queue so by default my sessions are directed to QBASE unti lI can get PC5250 working. Nice try though, I appreciate the input. regards, Trevor

Comment

Bill: No, I don't have an initial program on any of the user profiles I use. I did try signing on with Program/Procedure set to QCMD but that didn't work either. I am concerned that the more failed sign-on attempts that occur the more likely I am to disable the available profiles. Thanks for your input. regards, Trevor

Comment

Sorry to butt in. But shouldn't you be able to: STRSBS QINTER STRSBS QCTL ENDSBS QBASE I think this will solve your problem!

Comment

I don't believe this is possible if QBASE is the controlling subsystem. I might recommend changing the system value of controlling subsystem to QCTL, depending on circumstance. Dave

Comment

I have an iSeries model 250 where the console is a PC running Client Access Express. I have had a lot of trouble with this configuration and I am unable to establish a session using PC5250. As such I have been developing in sub-system QBASE and I have attached a routing entry to call my own program at sign on before transferring control to QCMD. I inadvertently deleted the routing entry program and then signed-off (actually the session ab-ended as it often does). Well I couldn't sign back on because the routing entry program doesn't exist. Is there any way to get a valid sign-on, by using Dedicated Service Tools for example, whereupon I can fix (once and for all) this condition. Any help will be appreciated. regards, Trevor Seeney

Comment

I have received a suggestion from Neil Palmer of DPSLink. His suggestion is to perform a manual IPL, take a 'Y' when asked to Change system at IPL and change the controlling sub-system to QCTL via the QCTLSBSD system value. I am confident that this will work and I will try it tonight. If it doesn't work I'll let you all know. Thanks for your help, especially to Neil Palmer. regards, Trevor

Comment

Working...
                X