Once Again, I plug TAA Tools by Jim Sloan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Again, I plug TAA Tools by Jim Sloan

Chuck...you hit it on the nose. TAATOOLS utilities are in-valuable here. I've used them for years and keep finding more I didn't realize were there. Barsa and Sloan have done an excellent job (post IBM)!

As an alternative, you can do the same thing with two commands in the TAA Tools. Command 1: DLYJOB which you run at the console. You tell DLYJOB to run Command 2: Command 2: SAVACT command. The SAVACT command will bring the system to a restricted state, start the save using the checkpoint (save while active) method and then let the users back on once the checkpoint has been obtained. The process takes about 15 minutes. Check out http://www.taatool.com/webpages/TAAT...T/L_savact.htm The BEST news? You get about 1,200 other fabulous and useful commands when you buy TAA Tools. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bentley Pearson" wrote in message news:216035c4.2@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Leif: | If you can, Purchase Help/Systems Robot/Save. This product contains a component that is called RSU(Restricted State Utility). This utility will set the 'console' (The deivce that is running in the sctl subsystem) to a 'locked' state and will 'wakeup' at the preassigned time you tell it to. At that time, Robot/Save will conduct a complete system backup or whatever type backup you desire. Tom Huntington at Help/Ssytems created this utility and I have used it in a prior job. The utility is wonderful and fool proof. | | Otherwise, you could possibly create your own RSU utility and your problem would be solved!

Comment

Both Al Barsa, and Jim Sloan have their offices in Weschester County NY. They occasionally show up at the local user group. For more info, try http://www.forum400.org Dave

Comment

Working...
      X