X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.Daugherty
    replied
    The Year Ahead: Predictions for the iSeries Community

If there was even the slightest possibility of spinning JD Edwards back out as a public company, he wouldn't have decimated JD Edwards headquarters in Denver a week after taking them over. 600 out of 2,000. It is take no prisoners, just customers, time. rd

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied

Ellison has a board of directors, and with SOX legislation so prevalent, you bet that all CEOs are on a rather short leash. Dave

Leave a comment:

• R.Daugherty
    replied

In my opinion, Dave, Ellison's ego far outweighs reason. He will never release IBM customers of the DB2 database to continue on their merry way now that they belong to him. He will offer them a chance to give him money, but failing that he will do his best to make sure they don't give IBM any money either. IBM's customers are belong to him now. rd

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied

Ralph Daugherty wrote: McElvaney (founder of JDE, right?) says he can't believe it, never saw this coming. Ellison tried to buy him five years ago. The evil empires roll on, resistance is futile, all your customers are belong to us. IMHO, I don't see how anyone with any finincial acumen could not have seen it coming. In my previous posts I argued why I thought Oracle would spin off JDE. It was for financial reasons. Oracle was hurting before the purchase, and now they are in serious smeg. They will be forced to cut many corners for some time to come until they can spin off part of the purchase and gain some revenue. JDE is the most likely candidate. Dave

Leave a comment:

• R.Daugherty
    replied

Ellison just laid off 5,000 employees a week after taking over Peoplesoft and JD Edwards, 600 out of 2,000 in Denver where JDE is. Oracle says they're keeping 90% of technical staff. McElvaney (founder of JDE, right?) says he can't believe it, never saw this coming. Ellison tried to buy him five years ago. The evil empires roll on, resistance is futile, all your customers are belong to us. The real poison pill is the one you take when you go public. Out of this I see a lessening of the JDE RPG job board ads, which with no JDE experience no one wanted to talk to me anyway. I just hope the lessening is from some surplus JDE employees and not people giving up on JDE. It's arguable that some activity there could pick up to avoid dealing with Ellison, but I think everyone sees the handwriting on the wall as far as Oracle's intentions. When asked about continuing to support JDE, Oracle said it is only natural that customers will want to switch to the Oracle ERP and database. Hopefully the happy talk is over. rd

Leave a comment:

• The Year Ahead: Predictions for the iSeries Community

You're welcome, PH. I appreciate it. rd
Working...
X