How to copy RPG source from pc to AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to copy RPG source from pc to AS/400

Use the File Transfer program that comes with client access. When you create a new file, it will automatically be a source physical file, as opposed to a data physical file. Dave

I have tried using the I-series access for windows "Send file to host option" but I get errors and not sure the exact steps involved.

Comment

What errors are you getting specifically? Can you attach a print screen. If I can see how you are setting up the data xfer I might be able to help.

Comment

Attached is the errors. Thanks

err.doc

Comment

Hit the details button, and unselect the use use pc file description box. hth

Comment

Have you tried FTP? In that case PC file should be in .doc format

Comment

I use UltraEdit on the pc to put (ftp) the source code on the AS/400 as myproglib/qrpglesrc.progname If the progname doesn't already exist, I use the Change Text (Option 13) command to change the source type as needed. This works for qclsrc, qddssrc, etc., as well. This would work for a command line FTP also.

Comment

Change .txt to .RPGLE and use Websphere/Rational to copy(d&d) Every RPGer should use it, it`s fabulous!! :-))

Comment

I have RPG source code examples in .txt format that I want to copy to the AS/400. Can anyone help with the steps needed to transfer these files. I have been able to ftp a file but it shows as a PF and not in the source QRPGLESRC. Appreciate your assistance.

Comment

Another approach is to map a windows drive on your PC to a folder in the IFS. Drag the text file to the folder. Then use the CPYFRMPCD command to copy from the text file to a source member of your source file. Note also that you can create a folder with the WRKFLR command.

Comment

Working...
                    X