• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using BEA TUXEDO on an AS/400?

Is BBL a stored procedure? Dave

Comment

Programs on the AS/400 can only be executed using the CALL command. CICS data sets could be executed using EXEC=. It sounds to me that someone may have sold you a mainframe version of software, that is totally incompatible with the AS/400. If TUXEDO is trying to EXEC a CICS data set, that will not work on the AS/400. Your TUXEDO consultant will not know that because he does not know the AS/400, but the TUXEDO people should have known that. Tell them plainly and clearly, that there is no CICS on the AS/400 (Actually there is a PRPQ called CICS/400. It is usually used for mainframe shops wishing to convert to the AS/400). Once that has sunk in, let us know what your results are. Dave

Comment

BBL is a CLE *PGM supplied by BEA. I have no idea what it does. Phil

Comment

There is no CICS involved with this package. A few messages back I had said TUXEDO was compared to CICS as being similiar in nature, but I don't know CICS either. We have a call into BEA. When their tech support is back from Christmas Holiday hopefully they will provide some insite and a solution. It's just so frustrating having to wait and the fact that this product and it's use of the IFS is so foreign to us. I've been using AS/400 since 1989, started with a model B10 and there is still so much of it that I do not know! Still, I won't switch to anything else. Phil

Comment

A CLE is an ILE "C" language program. This may be a stored procedure. If so, then the EXEC from the IFS may be appropriate. Try this: Type WRKOBJ *ALL/BBL *PGM and press ENTER. Do you get any results? Dave

Comment

PDW wrote: Still, I won't switch to anything else. Good for you Phil. The fact that this is not working appears to be neither your fault, nor that of the AS/400. Keep plugging away at the vendor. Something will eventually happen. Dave

Comment

Dave said: Try this: Type WRKOBJ *ALL/BBL *PGM and press ENTER. Do you get any results? Sure, that's how I knew it existed and is a CLE *PGM. Phil

Comment

So is TUXLIB in the library list of the job issuing the "BBL not found" exception...?

Comment

Yes TUXLIB is indeed in the library list. After 2 weeks, it was suggested that we add another environment variable for PATH. That solved the error of BBL not found, but now there is another error where our specified "server" program cannot be found. So again we wait..... Phil

Comment

Working...
                    X