Remote *OUTQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote *OUTQ

Why does the out queue have to reside in QUSRSYS? That is where the printer outq would reside when the dummy device is created. Points it to the rmtoutq. What is the purpose of the 'dummy' printer? We use s36 2 letter id's. This routes anything sent to the device id to the rmtoutq we want to print from. Why does LPD have to be running? As I understand it the remote outq uses the lpd server to make this work.

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

For a network printer I haven't used a rmtoutq before. I set up the printer as a normal *lan 3812 type printer on the AS400 with the correct port number if the printer is non IPDS and they have always worked. If the printer is an ipds printer can you not just set up a network description for IPDS? crtdevprt with a device class of *lan and Device type of *ipds and port of 0 and the ip address for the printer. You may need to put in a psfcfg file file for the printer to function properly. **My other response was for dot matrix. I misread, I apologize for that.

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Thanks your response, but my problem is that I got a Xerox DCCS50 printer. It seems support POSTSCRIPT printer control language only. And in AS/400, the printer manufacture type such *HP5SI, looks like using PCL printer control language, so that when I send spool file to the printer, nothing print out.

Comment

Working...
        X