FTP start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP start

Jim - I checked one of our other systems. It has TCPL0200 with no exit programs. It was purchased with V4R4. 'My' system is also V4R4 but does not have TCPL0200 on it. It was upgraded from V4R2 to V4R4 Go figure . . . HTH, Steve

Comment

FTP start

First of all, many thanks to all who took the time to respond to this. I can now start FTP without it falling straight over again. It looks like the TCPL0200 "missing" exit point was causing the problem and creating the exit point was the solution. I hope there are no more missing bits to come... However (yes, there is more)I find that when I try to link to the AS/400 from my PC, I cannot sign on when prompted. I am rejected !! I have tried all of the AS/400 userids plus my network id, which does exist on the AS/400. Still the same. I have even increased my level of authority on that one to *secofr status. So over to you guys for part 2 of the problem although this one is probably a lot simpler. One other question... How do you get to know about commands such as WRKREGINF etc. ???????

Comment

FTP start

Jim - Check QUSER and QTCP user profiles and verify that they are enabled. (Ours are enabled but have no password associated so they can't be used to sign on.) Review the 4 (I suppose that's the current number) FTP exit points using WRKREGINF and find out if there is an exit program associated with any of them. If so, find the source and determine what it does. I have an exit program that rejects all user profiles except one that was specifically created for FTP - your exit point could be doing something similar. FTP to your /400 from a green screen on the same /400. When you get the FTP logon prompt, there will be a user ID there. (Something like "Enter login ID (steve):".) Verify that this is the same as your current user ID. How did I learn about WRKREGINF? I'm not really sure - probably from reading some article about protecting the /400 using exit programs. There was a time when, after installing a new release, I would do a GO CMD* and look for unfamiliar commands to see what they did but I don't do that much anymore. HTH, Steve

Comment

FTP start

Thanks, Steve. To answer your queries: QUSER and QTCP are enabled. In fact QTCP cannot be changed at all anyway. No exit programs associated with any of the 4 FTP exit points. Tried FTPing from green screen and came up with my own id which is at *Secofr level. Got an error 530 ie "permanent negative completion" ??? Tried with QSECOFR as well and got the same. I must admit I've reached my limits on this side and am totally confused !!

Comment

FTP start

Jim - Was this the message (530 permanent negative completion)?? 'Permanent negative completion' is a generic description of all (most?) 5xx messages that refer to a problem with the server. If this isn't the exact message, what was it? Thanks, Steve

Comment

FTP start

Yes - 530 was the message id, Steve...

Comment

FTP start

Jim, Use WRKREGINF and scroll down to the Exit Points QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ VLRQ0100 *YES FTP Client Request Validation QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ VLRQ0100 *YES FTP Server Request Validation QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON TCPL0100 *YES FTP Server Logon QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON TCPL0200 *YES FTP Server Logon Use Option 8 and verify that there are no exit programs associated with any of the exit points. Error "530 Log on attempt by user XXX rejected" usually refers to an exit program that does not permit that user access. If any exit programs are being used check to make sure the user has authority to the objects and libs being used. If this doesn't help - feel free to email me (I don't check this site every day) and I'll help any way I can. -pmann12@yahoo.com P.S. I knew about the WRKREGINF and the rest of this stuff because I've tripped the same land mines you're now seeing blow up. I've been working with AS/400s since 1988.

Comment

FTP start

Sorry to bring this up again but I ran across something that might be helpful down the road - jpigott wrote: "CALL PGM(QTCP/QTMFEXIT) PARM('*INSTALL ')" Please note that there are 2 (required) blanks after *INSTALL and before the final single quote. The omission of these blanks MAY be the reason this issue was bandied about so long. HTH, Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X