Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever used the time parameter on Save option 21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The job log shows that absolutlely, positively nothing occurred between 04/27/01 13:19:29 and 04/30/01 05:00:02. Steve

Comment

OK, then paste the joblog leading up to and including the DlyJob command. Specifically, I would like to see the actual DlyJob command.
      Bill
      The job log shows that absolutlely, positively nothing occurred between 04/27/01 13:19:29 and 04/30/01 05:00:02.

Comment

There is no DLYJOB to see in the joblog, there is only a blank line between 04/27/01 13:19:29 and 04/30/01 05:00:02. When you enter a time on the option 21 screen, it checks the tape and then goes into a DLYJOB that you can see via WRKACTJOB but this does not appear in the joblog. I'm going to write my own CL and forget about the time parameter. Thanks, Steve

Comment

Are you using an Async console (Client Access)? I am trying to do a 21 on my 270 using Asysnc console and the console keeps blowing up. Seeing as this is the only console available (no twinax controller) I am at a loss as to how to ge this backup. Any ideas?

Comment

John - No, sorry . . . good ol' twinax for me! Steve

Comment

I just can't let this thread die - I wrote my own CL and still had no luck. The first statement in the CL is DLYJOB RSMTIME('03:00:00'). I started it from the console (QCTL) yesterday at 16:45 expecting it to kick off at 3:00 AM this morning and NOTHING HAPPENED! The joblog is attached. I'm starting to wonder if anything works the way it should anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

QPJOBLOG095106.txt

Comment

Well unfortunately we can't see the CL statements in steve/savsystem, so this is really no help. Change your CL logging level and try it again.
                I wrote my own CL and still had no luck. The first statement in the CL is DLYJOB RSMTIME('03:00:00'). I started it from the console (QCTL) yesterday at 16:45 expecting it to kick off at 3:00 AM this morning and NOTHING HAPPENED! The joblog is attached. I'm starting to wonder if anything works the way it should anymore.

Comment

Allrighty then - I did a RTVCLSRC and attached it . . .

savsystem.txt

Comment

Try taking the seconds off. Our DLYJOB looks like this one. DLYJOB RSMTIME('03:00') You never know.

Comment

Try adding the CHGJOB command as your first statement. Make sure CL logging is turned on, the the job log listing set to *SECLVL. This will ensure that you get a job log no matter what happens - assuming that the job is run at all. Dave

Comment

Well Steve, at first glance it looks ok. If you have to remove the seconds part of the RsmTime parameter, I would consider that a glich in the operating system. Which brings up one subject: are you up to date with PTF's?
                        Regardless, David's suggestion about changing the job's logging is the one to try next and might as well try Chris' suggestion about removing the seconds.
                        DLYJOB RSMTIME('03:00:00') ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*IMMED)

Comment

Only available time to run a 21 is late Saturday evenings. Any suggestions besides coming in late Friday night or early Saturday morning?

Comment

Alan, I would review what option 21 does and then evaluate whether it needs to be run at all. Option 21 runs the following: SAVSYS SAVLIB LIB(*NONSYS) ACCPTH(*YES) SAVDLO DLO(*ALL) FLR(*ANY) SAV OBJ(('/*) ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) ('/QDLS' *OMIT) UPDHST(*YES) I only use option 21 immediately after installing a new release or if it is convenient (that is not coming in on a Saturday night). When I apply a CUM or have a lot of outstanding system changes I do a SAVSYS. Between SAVSYS runs, I log what I have done. The most important thing to save is your data, which does not require a dedicated system. David Morris

Comment

Has anyone ever tried using the time parameter to start a full system save at a specified time? Does the command still have to run interactively in QCTL when using the time? Have any troubles when using the time parm? Just Curious, Steve

Comment

Time parm only allows 24 hr advance setup. My only window available to run a 21 is late Saturday evenings. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X