TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part Four **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part Four0

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part Four **
      Thanks for all these tips on PDF, it's really fine. For the part four I have a little problem. The creation of the PDF is working fine, but the overlay on the PDF is starting 1 inch lower than before, so my text is no more align with the overlay. If you have any idea I will appreciate. Thanks, Guy.

Comment

Guy, you can try playing with parameter PAGESIZE but consider that we do not have any control on the HPT api. When you create a pdf, don't delete the intermediate tiff file and examine it with a viewer (like MSOffice Document Imaging or Imaging for Windows). This is what goes into Pdf. If you find there any unalignment I'm sorry but there is nothing that we can do, apart from installing the latest PTF or asking IBM because the tiff generation relies on a system Api. However if the tiff image is perfect and gets spoiled after pdf conversion, tet us know.

Comment

Thanks for great article. Do you know if the API converts a color data into proper colors in TIFF and subsequently in PDF? Thanks, Dmitriy Kuznetsov

Comment

Hi Costagliola, I looked at the tiff file and the tiff is identical to the PDF and the unalignment is present there too. So, I assume that I missed some PTF on my AS400. Thanks, Guy

Comment

In any case try to put different values into QWPPS1 and QWPPS2 Api parameters. In some cases *MFRTYPMDL is the best choice, but sometimes you get a better overlaying wit *A4 or *LETTER.

Comment

HPT with QWPTIFFG4 WSCST creates a Tiff compressed G4 and does not recognizes the dds keywords AFPRSC that allows to include a color image.

Comment

If you want to store a PDF into a QDLS subfolder change stmt 138 in AFP2PDFC as follows: CHGVAR &TIFF (&PDFPATH *TCAT &PDFNAME *TCAT '.tif')

Comment

My spool file is 110 characters. It appears that the text is wrapping to the next line. How do I get the pdf to keep the text on one line

Comment

AFP2PDF in intended to create a PDF for a A4 or Letter spool with graphics (invoices, account statements, etc). Other text spool can be converted to pdf with SCS2xxx. In any case we rely on HPT IBM Api. To further investigate, don't delete the intermediate TIFF and examine it with a windows tiff viewer. If it is bad there there is nothing that we can do. TIFF2PDF allows custom pagesizes but if converts the tiff as is.

Comment

Let me begin by saying that this set of programs has been a joy in our shop since I installed it. In our process we generate the spool file and then produce the PDF which is sent via e-mail to our customers. The problem that I am experiencing is that occasionally without any pattern that I can identify we get e-mail documents that show the raw output instead of the neatly packaged PDF file. Is there something that I should be looking at?

Comment

what e-mail program do you use ? QtmmSendMail api has been said to have this problem with attachments but I've never used it.

Comment

We are using SNDDST.

Comment

If the PDF opens fine before being e-mailed I'm quite sure that it is corrupted by SNDDST but I never used that command. You can search internet for a free mail program to use instead of SNDDST

Comment

I copied a database to IFS using cpytoimpf command and it was perfect. CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(MYLIB/KMRLBL) TOSTMF('QDLS/MYIFS/KMRITM.CSV') MBROPT([*]REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF). But when I send it to my email, the leading zeros has been truncated for a character field. How to fixed this problem. When I looked at the record in IFS the leading zeros are there but when I open the attachment in excel the leading zeros are truncated although its character field. TIA Tiki

Comment

Working...
                                X