Bizness in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizness in New Orleans

According to my hometown paper, the port of N.O. is 50% open and doing big bizness again. It also has a story about a Red Cross scandal. Too bad. Tom.

Comment

Bizness in New Orleans

The strip is probably the city's early footprint. The Indians that lived just about everywhere in this country picked the places best suited to live on. New Orleans area is no different as the early settlers settled where the Indians were. So of course, 'Old' New Orleans is dry. Which is causing some of the class warfare that is going on, because 'Old' N.O. and 'Old' money and 'Old' footprint are all the same. The French Quarter is mostly open for business to my understanding and didn't flood very much, for the reason stated above. Mardi Gras, the world's greatest free show (if you come to Mardi Gras, you just show up)(you will spend money, but not for Mardi Gras)....is all paid for by the participants, except for the police and then the cleanup. But, that isn't a problem because the tax revenue generated far surpasses the expense. It would be criminally negligent for the city not to host (invest in) Mardi Gras. The people that are saying housing should come before Mardi Gras, don't understand the chicken and the egg. No egg, no chicken, no need for a hen house.

Comment

Bizness in New Orleans

As someone working in a bizness that is hdq'd in a New Orleans suburb and is doing mostly ok for the time being, I'm curious as to what the bizness feeling is among professionals and management, around the country, and on second thought internationally, about doing bizness today and in the future with New Orleans. The fog surrounding Katrina hasn't lifted, on the contrary it seems to be getting thicker, I could elaborate on what is going on in my mind, but that would taint what I am looking for....your thoughts, from a business perspective.

Comment

Bizness in New Orleans

The biggest problem the port has is a lack of local truck drivers. The local truck drivers can make more money hauling debris or Fema trailers to my understanding. So in some ways the relief effort is robbing the local recovery. Red Cross scandals, the ones I'm hearing about the most are out of town, like the big one in California. There are corrupt people everywhere. There are corrupt people here too. Hang em high.

Comment

Working...
          X