• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinventing the wheel

Bret - Don't blame you. SIGNONFF never worked for me either :-) Bill

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Barbara wrote Hmm. I copy commands and change the defaults. PDM can't handle everything... Looks like we're straying off the initial topic here. All these posts are more like: What shortcuts do you use. My shortcut is a command W with the command processor program QCMDEXC and the options are substitution options in the SPCVAL of the PARM eg: PARM KWD(ABBR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80) RSTD(*YES) SPCVAL(+ (C 'DSCJOB ') + (E 'ENDGRPJOB ') + (I 'WRKSBSJOB ??SBS(QINTER) ') + .... Trevor

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Barbara Morris wrote: Who uses STRPDM anyway? A manager at one of my clients. I have showed him faster methods, but he insists on doing it this way. Dave

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Whilst I have no "BY" command or any of that silliness, I do use STRPDM simply because I always have and for me it is faster because its now built into my muscle memory. What's the big deal? I still end up typing ahead... Joel

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

That's a great idea. Similar in spirit to a command I once wrote called "PDM" with a 2-character parm which invoked the matching command in my PDM options file. PDM WS = wrksplf, etc. Straying off topic ... maybe, for the thread, but we're staying beautifully on topic for this stb forum. >:-)

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

I do use STRPDM simply because I always have and for me it is faster because its now built into my muscle memory. Very good point. I still use the multi-command sequence of
               singoff signffo sginoff singnoff s i g n o f f ENTER 
              from the main menu, rather than a simple 90.

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Bret, WU=WRKUSRJOB BMYRICK *ALL (this is me!) Of course you could just shorten it to WrkUsrJob and achieve the same results if you are the one entering the option. I leave it at WrkUsrJob and if I need to see someone else jobs, I just place their profile name on the command line. Bill

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Another thing I like to do is to map the accent/tilde key to jump to the next active session. Also, my attention key program performs a WRKSPLF, which also gives me a command line when I'm editing a member.

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Barbara, It seems that after I created the OFF and OFFC command and CPP, that I started using SIGNOFF as I became more used to the /400 syntax. You dont know how close I came to creating the SINGOFF command! -bret

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Bill, I have a command on MY menu to do that. I use PDM now and then and in my homegrown change management system, I use TLA (two letter acronyms) like IBM. WU calls QCMDEXEC to do the WRKUSRJOB. Also, in looking at the WRKUSRJOB in PDM Options, it is just WRKUSRJOB. I let the system default to current user. Me!!!! -bret

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Sure.

Comment

Reinventing the wheel

Here are my favorites:
                            [*] C CALL &O/&N[*]AJ WRKACTJOB[*]BY SIGNOFF[*]CM CLRPFM FILE(&L/&F) MBR(&N)[*]CO CLROUTQ MDALY[*]CR CVTRPGSRC FROMFILE(&L/&F) FROMMBR(&N) EXPCPY(*YES) CVTRPT(*NO) INSRTPL(*YES) LOGFILE(*NONE)[*]DA DSPOBJAUT OBJ(&L/&N) OBJTYPE(&T)[*]DL DSPLIBL[*]EA EDTOBJAUT OBJ(&L/&N) OBJTYPE(&T)[*]ED ENDDBG[*]EL EDTLIBL[*]FC FMTCLSRC SRCFILE(&L/&F) SRCMBR(&N) OUTSRCFILE(&L/&F) OUTSRCMBR(&N) INDCOL(2) INSERRMRK(*YES) DSPERR(*YES)[*]FD DSPFD FILE(&L/&N)[*]FF DSPFFD FILE(&L/&N)[*]GO GO &L/&N[*]IC INDENTCL PGM(&N) SRCFILE(&L/&F) /* Prints an indented listing of a CL source member */[*]IF IFNUMB PGM(&N) SRCFILE(&L/&F) /* Marks nesting levels in cols 1-5 */[*]IR INDENTRLE PGM(&N) SRCFILE(&L/&F)[*]IV CVTILEFMT PGM(&N) SRCFILE(&L/&F)[*]JL DSPJOBLOG[*]OL WRKOBJLCK OBJ(&L/&N) OBJTYPE(&T)[*]OQ WRKOUTQ MDALY[*]SD STRDBG PGM(&L/&N) UPDPROD(*YES) OPMSRC(*YES)[*]SJ WRKSBMJOB[*]SP WRKSPLF[*]UJ WRKUSRJOB[/list]
                          Michael

Comment

Working...
                          X