MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

OK, but how about MidrangeComputing.com?
    As of this date, July 26, 2001, IIR Publications, Midrange Computing's parent company, has ordered that all publishing activity at Midrange Computing cease. In other words folks, Midrange Computing is out of business as of this date.

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

AND. . . Why is this in shooting the breeze, instead of announcements?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Yes, what about this website? What about the e-newsletters? What about the technical seminars and conferences? And what about your jobs?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Nooo!!!! I'm sorry to hear that, truly. Is MC just ending flat like that or is there a chance of its being sold to another publisher? In any case good luck and best wishes to all MC staff. Dave...

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

"It was a great ride, and I wish you all the best!" ---------------------------------------------------- This is very bad news for all concerned starting with all you guys that work for them. We wish you all the best! Why? What happened?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

C'Mon....... is this for real?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Say it ain't so!!! You just can't do that!

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

First thought this was April 1st - but NO! This represents a big loss. For IBM also, as it starts to make you wonder if its because of a lack of interest in the platform! Considering the Money that IBM make out of the iseries, perhaps a bit of subsidizing could take plase. Small change for IBM to keep the fires burning I would think. Good PR and show of faith. A bit of "were there if you fall". If not the whole shebang, at least the website etc. Ive been getting MC for about 9-10yrs ( Data Network i think it was called originally? ). More positive news shortly i hope. Ian.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Hello Shannon, If this website is history, could you, or anyone, please suggest another alternatively 'good' site(s) to participate in ?????? I love this web forum and include it as a must read due to it's rich source of information and intergrity. I have been following this forum for years and frankly, hate to see it go by the wayside, if indeed that is where it is headed. If this is, or near, the bitter end, GOOD LUCK to all at Midrange Computing, and THANK YOU ALL for your professionalism !!!!!! George Harrison - All things must pass.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

could you, or anyone, please suggest another alternatively 'good' site(s) to participate in ??????
                    The midrange-l listserver is the best source of iSeries information. You can subscribe at www.midrange.com . Beware, it's a very busy list. The archives are searchable on the web but I don't think it has a web-enabled front end. Dave...

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I just casually caught this topic while browsing. Where will I go with all of my questions? Is this website shutting down? How come none of the prior questions have been answered? Has the entire staff been let go before they got a chance to respond? What's going to happen to us? Who will watch over us? Will there ever be an end to all of the questions inspired by this topic? Very Disappointed, Cliff

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

You guys and gals have put out a great magazine. Thank You for all of your efforts. I am not aware of another publication that has presented the quality and timeliness of information that you have. Good Luck on where ever life takes you. Chris Scholbe

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

To continue the spead of information, we've opened a new iSeries/RPG IV Forum at: http://www.rpgiv.com/forum Also, we're going to be producing RPG IV and CGI RPG seminars to replace those cancelled by this situation.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I received a note from Amy this morning. I must admit, it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I have used this magazine for more years than I care to count, and this forum has become quite a community. My prayers are with all of you at MC. I don't no what else to say. John Panzenhagen :-(

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I, too, hate to see you guys go. Was there some bad financial decisions made? Did you get bought out? Aren't enough of us buying your magazine? Are you guys the canaries in the AS/400 coal mine?

Comment

Working...
                              X