MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Hello, Yes it is true. MC is no longer in business. Midrange Computing magazine, Showcase Magazine, Midrange Network Expert, the entire line of books, videos, seminars, etc.... all gone. The only reason the website is still up is because no one is there right now to shut it off. That won't last. This came as a complete surprise to everyone. IIR Publications decided that MC wasn't making enough profit for them. That's not to say that MC wasn't making any money, because it way. In fact, more than our competition. However, for IIR Publications, from what I understand, the profit just wasn't enough. If you want to contact IIR, you can reach them at the following email address: IIR Feedback Thanks to all of you. It really has been a lot of fun being both a reader and an editor of the magazine for so long. I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say that we'll miss the magazine just as much as you folks will. And by the way, I don't know as I'd necessarily relate the demise of MC to the AS/400 industry in general. It's more a sign of the times of corporate homgenization than it is a sign of AS/400 economics. Good luck, and thanks. Shannon O'Donnell

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Bob, Is this forum only for RPGIV? What about other topics such as CL, Cobol, and general AS/400 questions?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I know that it will probably do little good, but let's flood the link that Shanon provided with our complaints. If nothing else, it may make us feel a little better. It's only 10 in the morning, but I think I need a drink. :-|

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

My condolences to you great folks at MC. I wish you the best of luck in the future and thanks for all of your support. This is a sad day for the AS/400 community. Terry

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I tried to use the link to send an email and it bounced back. What the heck is going on??!?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

It is going to the webmaster but there is a specific person that is not receiving it.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

This is what I got back when I sent the email: Your message To: webmastercentral@iirny.com; sdegalzain@iirny.com Subject: Feedback from IIR Corp Site Sent: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:20:32 -0400 did not reach the following recipient(s): sdegalzain@iirny.com on Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:20:45 -0400 The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=iir;l=IIS010727142036R6FLMZ MSEXCH:IMS:IIR:IIRNYC:IIS 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient webmastercentral@iirny.com on Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:20:45 -0400 The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=iir;l=IIS010727142036R6FLMZ MSEXCH:IMS:IIR:IIRNYC:IIS 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient The webmaster was included in this.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!! For years I've been counting on you guys to keep me technologically up to date. Is there something WE can do to revert this situation?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Not much that you can do as it's a done deal. Perhaps write to IIR Publications at IIR Feedback if you want to express your disatisfaction.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Same thing happened to me. I guess IIR doesnt really want feedback.....
                      Alex

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Shannon... Is this a better link than last time? Because my first email posted there bounced!

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Here is the message that I sent, which was returned: COMMENTS: Dear Coporate Idiots, I am very angry at your decision to shut down Midrange Computing. This source of information has been an industry leader the entire length of my career. Your position is a shining example of everything that's wrong with our American coporate culture. Profitability is not the problem, GREED is the problem. So how much of a bonus will your CEO take home this year by chopping off the working hands of your organization? Just call me another victim, Dale W. Brunner

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Shannon, I want to thank you and the rest of the staff at MC for producing a super magazine, great products and a cool website for so many years, the best in my opinion. I've been a faithful reader of MC since 1989. I still remember the phone number to the old BBS! We'll miss all of you. Take care and keep in touch. Chris Ringer Ringer_tech@yahoo.com

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Forget those topics, what about "shooting the breeze?"
                              chuck
                              Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
                              Bob, Is this forum only for RPGIV? What about other topics such as CL, Cobol, and general AS/400 questions?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

This is very short-sighted of IIR. The as/400 is just on the brink of an amazing transformation. Already we have one fully supported Linux distribution available for the as/400 with another company "any day now." Before long the as/400 we all know and love will have the best of several worlds - os/400 and linux. IIR has the opportunity to grow the MC readership to include the Linux community and the M$ world. I dont really know of any other publication that has the talent mix to pull something like that off. The other publication just cant/wont fill the MC shoes.
                                Of course the feedback link doesnt work, so I cant tell anyone at IIR how lame they are!!!! Very frustrating.
                                Alex Garrison

Comment

Working...
                                X