United Computer Group, Inc., an information technology services firm, is pleased to announce that it has enhanced several features of their VAULT400 online backup and recovery solution through the availability of vSphere Agent 7.1 and Windows Agent 7.1. VAULT400 vSphere Agent 7.1 now supports VMware vSphere 5.1.
Key features of the new vSphere agent include:
- Authentication with a vCenter single sign-on server configured with multiple active directory domains
- Backup and restore VMs that are running hardware version 9
- Backup and restore VMs in a vCenter that is managed by the vCenter server appliance
- Backup VMs that have been migrated to another host (vSphere 5.1 vMotion)
Windows Agent 7.1 provides the following new capabilities:
- Backup and restore support for Windows Server 2012
- SQL Cluster VSS support for SQL Server 2012, 2008R2, 2008, and 2005 with the Cluster Support Plug-in
- ReFS for data files and folders support
An additional improvement to VAULT400’s VMWare is the addition of Granular Restore for Microsoft Exchange. Granular Restore provides the ability to quickly recover an Exchange server in the event of failure.
Granular Restore for Microsoft Exchange key features include:
- Enabling of individual mailboxes and messages to be quickly and easily restored
- Eliminating the need for separate Exchange MAPI backup Jobs, which reduces storage costs and overhead
- Support for Exchange Server 2007 or 2010
- Compatibility with version 7.1 of the VAULT400 Agent for Windows and VAULT400 CentralControl