IBM announced that it has been named number one in private cloud by leading independent technology market research firm Technology Business Research, Inc. (TBR). In TBR’s semi-annual Cloud Customer Research survey of more than 1,800 enterprises around the world, respondents identified IBM as a global private cloud leader for the breadth of its cloud portfolio and expertise in cloud migration.
“A footprint in legacy IT solutions and management is a strong predictor of private cloud vendor success, as private cloud solutions are typically the first step toward hybrid IT environments,” said TBR Cloud Senior Analyst Cassandra Mooshian. “Private clouds appeals to enterprises looking to extend their legacy infrastructure and applications to the cloud while helping to optimize past investments.”
IBM leads in overall vendor adoption for private cloud and in select private cloud segments due to its broad cloud and IT services portfolio, variety of deployment options and integration and optimization support. IBM’s expertise and knowledge of both cloud and legacy technology make it easy for customers to develop a migration path to a private cloud model.
Other report findings name IBM as the number one private cloud vendor in:
- Both hosted and self-built cloud for its comprehensive portfolio of cloud and hardware assets, such as security
- Cloud professional services for providing comprehensive solutions that span customers’ entire IT environments
- Adoption across most industries, due to IBM’s vertical approach to cloud and cutting-edge Watson technology
- Self-built hardware and cloud software for the ease of running complete private cloud ecosystems
- Self-built enterprise test and development for its wide variety of options, including behind-the-firewall development with Bluemix Local
- Business intelligence and analytics for leveraging IBM analytics and cognitive capabilities to create tailored BI applications for vertical customers
- E-commerce for IBM’s Commerce on Cloud offering, which was recently expanded to include Watson capabilities.
“Being named a top vendor for private cloud by TBR reinforces the importance we place on having choice with consistency across cloud environments,” said Jim Comfort, Chief Technology Officer for IBM Cloud. “For customers needing private cloud environments, whether for security or compliance reasons, IBM provides the necessary connectivity tools, security capabilities and global data center locations that allow us to meet our customers’ needs while safely managing a multitude of cloud connections.”
TBR’s Private Cloud Customer Research survey report is designed to provide a view into cloud adoption metrics and trends. For more information, please click here.
About IBM Cloud
For more information about cloud offerings from IBM, visit www.ibm.com/cloud.