Preliminary survey results indicate money continues to be tight for new software applications.
LANSA is offering a chance to win a new Apple iPad to anyone who enters its 2010 iPulse Survey, but you may have to hurry—entry to the iPad drawing ends September 30.
LANSA has offered to share results of its iPulse survey with members of the IBM i (System i, iSeries, AS/400) industry, and already has preliminary findings. The final results will be tallied and presented in a comprehensive report.
Among respondents who have entered to date, the following trends have emerged, the company reports:
- 5 percent say they are moving to a package
- 24 percent of applications are idling in maintenance mode
- 60 percent will develop new applications or modernize what they have
- 28 percent say there is no threat to the IBM i platform in their shop
- 50 percent of shops say they have no budget for new software
The survey is brief and takes only about 60 seconds to complete, so if you envy your neighbor who just bought a new iPad, click iPulse Survey now and complete the form. A valid email address is required to enter into the drawing.