IBM is enhancing AIX 6 and 7, the IBM strategic UNIX operating system for mission-critical, core business applications, with:
- Support for the new IBM POWER7+ processor-based systems
- Active System Optimizer, a new subsystem designed to autonomically improve the performance of workloads
- Virtual Processor Management Scaled Throughput Option, which optimizes scaled throughput
- Support for 20 LPARs per core
- Crypto Offload Accelerators, which provides cryptographic engines that may relieve the POWER7+ processor from the performance-intensive cryptographic algorithms of AES and SHA
- High-quality random numbers, which helps to ensure security and that processor performance remains focused on your business applications
For more information, click here.