IBM i 7.2 TR4 offers performance, usability, and integration enhancements.
IBM® i 7.2 TR4 adds functions and features to many components of the operating System and to many of the associated products from IBM Power® Software and IBM Software. The new functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- DB2® for i is adding tools and functions to assist database engineers managing their data center. Clients moving to TR4 may also see improvement in performance for some database functions.
- IBM PowerHA® SystemMirror® for i 7.2 HyperSwap® Cluster helps enables clients to dramatically reduce both planned and unplanned client downtime.
- As with previous releases and technology refreshes, IBM i 7.2 TR4 is extending the open source environments available by adding Git and Orion. These environments offer more choices for selecting business solutions for business challenges.
- A new version of the popular data analytics tool, IBM DB2 Web Query for i V2.2.0, has improved ease of use as well as numerous enhancements providing richer environments for report development, data access, and output capabilities.
- Other enhancements support customer requirements and industry standards as well as addressing the requirement to support modern technologies.
Find out more here.