IBM i 7.3 can deliver significant client value for database and security, and support for industry-leading workloads like analytics and mobile computing.
IBM® i 7.3 adds functions and features to almost all components of the operating system and to many of the associated products from IBM Power® Software and IBM Software. Additionally, new hardware I/O components are supported with the 7.3 release. The new functions include:
- DB2® for i now includes the long-awaited, highly requested temporal support and enhanced OLAP function. These new capabilities can help you to perform more advanced analytics on your data, to plan and forecast, to define gaps, and to build new strategies for business.
- IBM i 7.3 adds a new Security Authority Collection that tracks how applications and application users use an object. Inquiries against that collection provide advice on securing critical business data and applications from intrusion by identifying who needs to have access to data and in what context. This major enhancement to security management, unique to IBM i, was driven by client requests for better insight and management to secure their systems.
- IBM PowerHA® SystemMirror® for i 7.2 HyperSwap® Cluster allows clients to reduce planned and unplanned storage server outages to near zero by enabling a configuration whereby the servers in a DS8000® two-site Metro Mirror cluster will have continuous access to the data on one of the DS8000 servers should the other DS8000 server be unavailable.
- As with previous releases, IBM i 7.3 continues to extend both the traditional application development environment with new features and functions in RPG IV, but is also extending the open source environments that are available by adding Git and Orion. These environments give you more choices for selecting business solutions for your business challenges.
- A new version of the popular data analytics tool IBM DB2 Web Query for i, V2.2.0 has improved ease of use and numerous enhancements, providing richer environments for report development, data access, and output capabilities.
- As with each IBM i release, many other enhancements support client requirements, industry standards, and the latest technologies.
Find out more here.