IBM System Storage TS1060 (machine type 3588, model F6A) is designed to be installed in an IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library (machine type 3584) to offer high capacity and performance for the midrange open systems environment. This model incorporates the new Linear Tape-Open™ ( LTO ) IBM Ultrium 6 Tape Drive with enhanced maximum tape drive throughput over the IBM LTO generation 5 Tape Drive ( Ultrium 5). It has a native data transfer of up to 160 MB/sec. The TS1060 Tape Drive supports the LTO Generation 6 media specification of an over double compressed capacity of up to 6.25 TB with 2.5 to 1 compression (up to 2.5 TB native capacity) compared to previous LTO 5 compressed capacity of up to 3.0 TB with 2:1 compression (up to 1.5 TB native capacity) per tape cartridge. IBM Ultrium 6 Tape Drives can read and write LTO Ultrium 5 Data Cartridges and read LTO Ultrium 4 Data Cartridges. The TS1060 has an 8 Gbps Fibre Channel dual-ported interface for connection to a wide spectrum of open system servers.
The IBM System Storage TS1060 LTO Ultrium 6 Tape Drive supports data encryption with Ultrium 6 or Ultrium 5 media.
IBM Ultrium 6 enhancements that help improve performance and reliability include:
- Native data transfer rate up to 160 MB/sec
- LTO Generation 6 media specification tape cartridge compressed capacity of up to 6.25 TB (up to 2.5 TB native)
- 8 Gbps Fibre Channel dual-ported drive attachment
- A larger 512 MB internal buffer
- Support for media partitioning and self describing tape with LTFS Library Edition and LTFS Storage Manager software
- LTO Ultrium 6 encryption support
The TS1060 can be installed in new or installed TS3500 Tape Library Models L53 and D53, and in 3584 Tape Library Models L52, L32, D52, and D32.
The IBM® System Storage® TS1060 is an IBM LTO™ Ultrium™ 6 Tape Drive that combines IBM tape reliability and performance at open systems prices. The new Ultrium 6 Tape Drive:
- Increases maximum data transfer rate, providing to up to 160 MB/sec native as compared to LTO Ultrium 5 at 140 MB/sec native
- Supports LTO Generation 6 media specification tape cartridge compressed capacity of up to 6.25 TB with 2:5 to 1 compression
- Includes an 8 Gbps Fibre Channel dual-ported interface attachment
- Supports media partitioning and self-describing tape with Linear Tape File System™ (LTFS) Library Edition and LTFS Storage Manager software
- Supports encryption capabilities
- Adheres to LTO Generation 6 media specification
- Mounts in TS3500 Tape Library Model L53 or D53, and in 3584 Tape Library Models L52, L32, D52, or D32
TS3500 Tape Library functions and features include:
- Support for TS1060 Ultrium 6 tape drive in TS3500 Tape Library Model L53 or D53, and in 3584 Tape Library Models L52, L32, D52, or D32
For more information, click here.