IBM SmartCloud Entry for Power bundle V2.4 is an introductory private cloud offering that is designed to be simple to deploy and easy to use. It works with your existing IBM Power Systems infrastructure, and can enable data center managers to quickly deploy self-service provisioning of virtualized workloads with a simple interface that offers oversight while increasing IT efficiency and lowering administration costs. SmartCloud Entry for Power bundle enables Power Systems clients with PowerVM to quickly and easily start the transition to a cloud-based infrastructure and leverage the benefits of a cloud delivery model. It combines the SmartCloud Entry cloud management software with platform management components that include IBM Systems Director VMControl™ , Storage Control, and Network Control.
SmartCloud Entry for Power bundle is a solution that builds on PowerVM virtualization and Systems Director VMControl , with support for self-service provisioning of virtualized AIX® , Linux™ , and IBM i workloads. It enables rapid scalability by allowing additional servers or blades to be added to the cloud infrastructure. It also includes basic workload metering to support a pay-per-use business model.
Power Systems are ideally suited for cloud environments, with effective virtualization, performance, scalability, and reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) characteristics, enabling you to move mission-critical workloads to a private cloud environment. SmartCloud Entry for Power bundle leverages these capabilities to quickly and easily deliver an entry private cloud for Power Systems clients.
SmartCloud Entry for Power® bundle enables Power Systems™ clients with PowerVM® to quickly and easily start the transition to a cloud-based infrastructure and prove the benefits of a cloud delivery model.
SmartCloud Entry for Power bundle offers a self-service web portal that simplifies provisioning of virtualized workloads and configuration of IT resources (CPU, memory, storage, and networking) including:
- Heterogeneous management: A single instance of SmartCloud Entry can manage Power compute nodes and x86 compute nodes.
- Virtualized workload creation, modification, deletion, and replication.
- Activity monitoring, metering, budgeting, and billing of deployed workloads.
- Project-level access control and sharing of virtualized workloads.
- Approval policies for VM-level or project-level with optional administrator review and control of end-user operations.
- Custom expiration policies for virtualized workloads to alleviate proliferation of unused workloads.
- Administrator-defined settings and network configurations for virtual appliances.
- IT resource metering and pay-per-use billing mode.
- Authentication, authorization, and audit logs.
- Integration with external LDAP server for authentication and email systems for notifications.
- Open REST APIs for third-party customization and integration.
For more information, click here.
MC Press Online