The Mobile Foundation V5.0.5 family of products includes Worklight V5.0.5 and delivers an open, comprehensive, and advanced mobile application platform for smartphones and tablets. It is designed to enable organizations of all sizes to extend their business by efficiently implementing and managing HTML5, hybrid, and native applications.
It can also help reduce time-to-market, development costs, and ongoing maintenance efforts. As part of the Mobile platform, Worklight can be integrated with application lifecycle, security, management, and analytics capabilities to help you address the unique mobile needs of your business.
IBM® Mobile Foundation V5.0.5 provides the essential elements needed for mobile development, deployment, and management within a business:
- Mobile application development and delivery
- Complete end-to-end Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Advanced connectivity to back-end systems and cloud-based services that is optimized for mobile devices
- Advanced application management for updates and version control
IBM Worklight V5.0.5 and Mobile Foundation V5.0.5 enable you to develop rich, cross-platform applications that can access the full capabilities of a wide range of mobile devices. Worklight V5.0.5 can help reduce time-to-market, cost, and complexity of development, while enabling an optimized customer and employee user experience across multiple environments.
Worklight helps you:
- Build applications by using standard technology, such as HTML5, software development kits (SDKs), and integration with the growing ecosystem of third-party tools, libraries, and frameworks.
- Connect mobile applications to a variety of enterprise back-end systems and cloud services through mobile-optimized middleware.
- Manage a portfolio of applications and the lifecycle of their content from one centralized administration console.
- Secure mobile applications through numerous protection mechanisms, such as encrypted storage, online and offline authentication, and more.
New in Mobile Foundation V5.0.5
Mobile Application Governance
- Worklight provides an enterprise application store for production apps, based on the Worklight App Center.
- The process of moving mobile applications from development with Worklight to production deployment with IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices is simplified.
Advanced security features
- Improved documentation for security infrastructure integration and application usage
- Extensible and server-driven model for authenticating users, apps, devices, and mobile operating systems
Advanced mobile data support - Worklight includes a new embedded mobile database for offline data with robust encryption and data management abilities that include synchronization
API extensions - Worklight can make it easier for third parties to expose their APIs and service to Worklight developers.
Short Messaging Service (SMS) notifications - Worklight extends current notification capabilities with SMS as a delivery channel.
jQuery support - Worklight Studio V5.0.5 adds enhancements for development tools for jQuery.
For more information, click here.