Version 9.1 of the Optim Test Data Management, Application Retirement, and Data Growth solutions offers the following enhancements:
- Installation launch pads to install an Optim client, repository, or server
- A simple but robust scripting language for advanced column transformations
- An Optim service interface to programmatically invoke Optim service management functions
- Two-way integration with IBM® Atlas eDiscovery Process Management
- Enhanced archive file functionality, including expanded archive hold functionality, new command-line interfaces, easier and faster archive file access, and management and advanced storage retention features
Enhancements to Optim Connect:
- Case-insensitive collation for Microsoft™ SQL Server data sources
- Calculations present results, without rounding off, up to 34 digits beyond the decimal point, increased from up to 15 digits
- Delete by ROWID on Oracle data sources
- Multi-column search in lookup functions
- Extended support for Teradata, including support for Teradata Binary Loader format, TPT support for child tables, and support for the SAMPLE clause on extract
- Native processing support for Netezza® V6.x, including tier migration
- Toleration support for DB2® for Linux™ , UNIX™ , and Windows™ , V10, Informix® V11.7, Sybase V15.5, and Teradata V14
- New platform support for AIX® V7.1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Auditing of additional events, including open data manager access to archive files
- Optim Designer: Redesigned and simplified UI with key new enhancements
- Optim Manager: New capabilities for services and repository management
InfoSphere® Optim Data Growth Solution enables you to archive historical transaction records from mission-critical database applications. Application data can be safely relocated to a more secure archive, thereby helping to streamline the production database to aid your efforts to reduce processing overhead. Archived information remains readily accessible. The Optim Data Growth Solution can help you improve application performance and support data-retention compliance programs and efforts to lower IT costs.
InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management Solution allows you to create realistic, right-sized test databases, edit data to force error and boundary conditions, and compare baseline data against successive test results to help you pinpoint application errors that could otherwise go undetected. By helping to streamline your test data management process, the Optim Test Data Management Solution can help you improve quality, speed iterative testing tasks, and accelerate revenue generation.
InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management Solution - Data Masking Option is an optional, chargeable component that enables Optim Test Data Management solution customers to mask and transform sensitive test data as part of their efforts to avoid exposing critical business data. Optim masking techniques include using arithmetic expressions, sub-strings, random or sequential number generation, date aging, and more. Most importantly, you can propagate masked values from a parent table to related tables at all levels, maintaining the referential integrity of the data.
InfoSphere Optim Application Retirement makes retiring legacy and redundant applications easier and safer by giving you the ability to archive data from decommissioned applications. It enables ongoing, application-independent access to the data for query and reporting. Thus, organizations can reduce costs and infrastructure complexity by safely retiring applications without having to move all data into new systems or keep retired systems available for access.
For more information, click here.